Thursday, April 16, 2009

Birmingham Arrival?

It's Larissa taking over control again.  Although, I must applaud my co-pilot's effort his sarcasm outdoes mine EVERY time.

Well, after realizing that we had about 400-500 cars leaving Bossier City yesterday, we left before the herd and then did not even stop for lunch which we were informed at the driver's meeting would feed about 500.  We did our own thing, stopping when we needed to, and kept the cruise control about 2 mph above the speed limit.  At one point while I was driving I heard something funny and we pulled over to find our car's bra had come loose.  So while I stayed in the vehicle with the hazard lights blinking, Jeff fixed it and a very nice couple with MAA stopped to make sure we were alright.

I set the GPS to the address of the final arrival stop, the Riverchase Galleria Shopping Mall.  However, when we finished its directions, we discovered, much to our surprise that we were the very FIRST to arrive at the end of our long journey!!  A few minutes later two more cars pulled up and we all decided to venture inside the mall for a pit stop.  

In the mall, we found my parents and there was a joyful reunion since we have not seen them since our wedding in September of 2007.  We then started to see other MAA members ambling about the mall and decided to venture outside to see how many other cars had arrived.  A Mustang buffet awaited us...I ran around and took pictures of several cars that I had picked out as specific cars I wanted to remember.  (Wailun, dude, I found something that you don't have on your Roush!)

We then proceeded to our hotel for the rest of the weekend: the Doubletree Birmingham, which is right in the center of the University and for a brief period, we had a line of seven Mustangs and it looked pretty darn spectacular in the midst of the evening rush hour traffic!  MAA had planned a reception for 6pm - 9pm last night; but by the time we checked in, found a restaurant, and had dinner with my parents we missed the opportunity.

The parking garage at the Doubletree looks like it's own mini-car show.  We are hearing estimated of 5,000 cars expected at this show and we are going to check in today to get the specifics of what we need to do as a displaying vehicle.

Until later today....

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Larissa, what is it that you saw on that Roush that I didn't have? Please let me know. Send me that pic, so that I can check it out. You guys are having so much fun that I should have been there :-)

    ReplyDelete